The Amberg Group is a unique knowledge, engineering and technology provider of logistics and infrastructure solutions for smart cities, hubs and networks through innovative combinations of above and underground space usage. Together with a network of strong, competent and dedicated partners, the Amberg Group develops new products and services which cover in a digitalized manner the entire life cycle of the infrastructures and all engineering and technology aspects. Through unique and outstanding solutions in these segments, the Amberg Group has established itself as a leading partner in the industry.
Currently our client is looking for a:
Head of Rail (m|f)
The Head of Rail will work closely with the CEO, the other Unit Heads and Companies within the Amberg Group. The ideal candidate for this position has gained international management experience as well as a proven track record of successful management skills and results-driven leadership abilities.
- Developing high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short and long-term objectives
- Enhancing growth and profitability of the rail unit by seeking new business opportunities on the market
- Being in charge of all operations and business activities to ensure their consistency with the company`s ambitious growth targets in alignment with the overall strategy
- Overseeing, monitoring & controlling of project implementation / execution and managing the full P&L
- Coordinating regional partners (distribution partners) and leading teams across various functions, both project and non-projects based (business development, engineering etc.)
- Leading and motivating subordinates to increase employee motivation and developing a high performing rail team
- Expanding the scope of business in new territories/for new customer groups/for new types of businesses in line with the overall corporate strategy
- Building goodwill with different customer groups and liaising with senior level government and non-government bodies
- Representing the company at important forums and promoting the brand image of the group
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Business Administration would be a value add)
- 10 to 20 years of strong international management and business development experience within the rail or adjacent industry combined with general management experience
- Profound knowledge and international experience (including China) with investment goods and management of distribution partners
- Strong management know-how in leading and guiding cross national teams
- Sound knowledge of state-of-the-art sensor and software technologies
- Working experience within a SME environment is an asset
Skills / attributes:
- Entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills with excellent communication, presentation and people management skills
- High integrity and very good relationship management skills
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please address directly to our online tool with your entire dossier (cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates) by stating the reference code 0351027. Please apply online as follows.